Trimble Introduces The New LorarrGPS 10X
—Literature Available Trimble Navigation of Mountain View, Calif., recently introduced its newest navigation aid, the Loran*GPS 10X.
The combined Loran-GPS (Global Positioning System) 10X provides among the most precise position, navigation, velocity and time systems available. According to the manufacturer, it will shorten en route times, reduce fuel consumption, and improve routing efficiency.
The Loran*GPS 10X Computer is a two-unit system comprised of a central processor unit and one or more identical weather sealed remote display units. The display unit has a two-line, 16-character LCD display. Each are capable of providing independent status and navigation information.
The central processor unit has a GPS Sensor, which is a two-channel, multiplexed receiver providing position updates and velocity once a second.
Position accuracy is typically better than 25 meters. The processor also includes a Loran Sensor which provides automatic ASF corrections to achieve latitude and longitude accuracy of approximately 200 meters and includes the Saudi Arabia Loran chains. DR position can be calculated when neither system is available. DR speed and heading will be derived from external sources. Speed and heading can also be entered manually if external sources are not available.
Three RS-422 I/O's are provided.
These allow the system to receive external speed and heading, interface to a Magnavox 4102 and drive autopilots, computers, plotters and data logging devices provided they communicate using NMEA 0183 protocol. One hundred waypoints are also available for extensive trip planning.
For further information and free literature describing the new Loran* GPS 10X, Circle 79 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from October 15, 1985 issue
- Tenneco Announces A Significant Oil Discovery Off Norway page: 4
- Tarbutton Elected VP For American Maritime page: 5
- CSSRA Annual Conference Set For February 10-11 In Montreal, Canada page: 6
- $18.3-Million Contract To Dillingham Ship Repair For T-ACS Conversion page: 6
- MarAd Selects 15 Port Locations To Berth 37 RRF Cargo Vessels page: 6
- Pielstick Diesels Will Power Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship page: 7
- Marinette Marine Complete Expansion Of Dockwall Along Menominee River page: 8
- Avondale Offers Free Color Brochure On Full Propeller Line page: 8
- New Corporation Formed, Warren Pumps Inc. page: 8
- Free 14-Page Booklet On Gas Turbine Controls Offered By Woodward page: 8
- Seebeckwerft To Build Cellular Containership For China Ocean Shipping page: 9
- Contracts Awarded To Bardex Hydranautics page: 9
- MarAd Awards Research Contract For $343,819 To Detroit Diesel page: 9
- Hamburg Yard Jumboizes First Of Four Vessels For Hapag-Lloyd page: 9
- NKF Engineering Expands With Acquisition Of Two Additional Firms page: 10
- Sparrows Point Yard Delivers Third Maersk MPS Conversion page: 10
- New Terry Turbine Offers Low-Cost Maintenance page: 10
- Moss Point Reports On Recent Progress And Backlog At Yard page: 11
- Johnson & Towers Named Distributor For John Deere Diesels page: 11
- EUROPORT '85 page: 14
- Hyundai Launches First Of Three Big Bulk Carriers For Bocimar page: 20
- Baldt Announces Corporate Reorganization page: 20
- Gems Roli Provides Continuous Level Indication For Deep Tanks page: 21
- Stork Services Ncimes Curacao Drydock Inc. U.S. Agent page: 22
- $46-Million Rehabilitation Of Port Of Portland's Terminal 2 Now Underway page: 22
- $84.2 Million In Contracts Signed For Construction Of 2 Big Bulkers In Brazil page: 22
- John Gaughan To Be Nominated To Head Maritime Administration page: 22
- Pennsylvania Shipbuilding Dedicates Fast Supply Ship U.S.N.S. Denebola page: 26
- Western Cruise Lines Names David Sparkuhl Operations Manager page: 27
- Midland Affiliated Names P.E. Hubbard Senior VP, Sales And Marketing page: 27
- Trimble Introduces The New LorarrGPS 10X page: 28
- Port of London Awards Norcontrol Contract For Radar Display System page: 28
- Raytheon Introduces Digital Depth, Speed And Temperature Indicator page: 29
- Siemens Introduces New Shipboard Control System page: 29
- Amoco Contracts With MMS For Planned Maintenance System page: 29
- Racal/Marconi Simulator Built For Finnish Technical Research Center page: 30
- Multipurpose Container/Bulk Ships Delivered By Samsung Shipyard page: 30
- Siemens Offers Brochure On Automatic Remote Control System DIFA 41 page: 30
- GASTECH 85 page: 32
- Porter Named VP, Raymond Fabricators page: 39
- Matson Navigation Orders 3 Mitsui/Paceco Container Cranes For $10 Million page: 39
- Company Executives Switch Positions page: 39
- Koch-Ellis Pioneers Aerobic Digesting Systems In Wash Water Treatment page: 40
- Colombo Dockyard Offers Brochure On Facilities And Capabilities page: 40
- Literature Offered On Cartridge-Mounted Seal For Viking Pumps page: 40
- 3-Component Design Now Lets Users Build Own Liquid Flow Monitoring And Control System page: 45