Colombo Dockyard Offers Brochure On Facilities And Capabilities
Colombo Dockyard (Pte) Ltd.
(CDL) of Colombo, Sri Lanka, is offering a new 12-page full-color brochure on the yard's facilities and capabilities.
The text of the brochure points out that Colombo is in an ideal location, situated at the intersection of sea lanes to the east from the Mediterranean, the Gulf, east coast of Africa, west coast of the Indian subcontinent and the sea lanes to the west from the Bay of Bengal, Australia and the Far East. The shipyard is located inside the Port of Colombo, enabling repairs to be carried out conveniently while discharging cargo or at anchorage during all seasons.
CDL, after heavy investment and comprehensive modernization of ship repair facilities and workshops, is now equipped to offer competitive prices for docking of all ships up to 30,000 dwt, maintenance and repair work, conversions, and newbuilding of smaller ships.
The normal capacity, length, width, height over blocks, and cranage are given for Colombo's three graving docks which are capable of handling vessels up to 30,000 dwt. A 100,000-dwt graving dock is now under construction and is scheduled to be completed by the end of 1985.
The many types of repair and services offered by the yard are listed and explained in the brochure, and the names and addresses are given of representatives of CDL in England, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Singapore, USA, West Germany and the Netherlands.
An outline map of Sri Lanka is included in the back of the publication, showing the location of the Colombo Dockyard. The map is centered over photos that illustrate the varied and interesting attractions the island has to offer.
For further information and a free copy of the brochure from Colombo Dockyard, Circle 71 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from October 15, 1985 issue
- Tenneco Announces A Significant Oil Discovery Off Norway page: 4
- Tarbutton Elected VP For American Maritime page: 5
- CSSRA Annual Conference Set For February 10-11 In Montreal, Canada page: 6
- $18.3-Million Contract To Dillingham Ship Repair For T-ACS Conversion page: 6
- MarAd Selects 15 Port Locations To Berth 37 RRF Cargo Vessels page: 6
- Pielstick Diesels Will Power Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship page: 7
- Marinette Marine Complete Expansion Of Dockwall Along Menominee River page: 8
- Avondale Offers Free Color Brochure On Full Propeller Line page: 8
- New Corporation Formed, Warren Pumps Inc. page: 8
- Free 14-Page Booklet On Gas Turbine Controls Offered By Woodward page: 8
- Seebeckwerft To Build Cellular Containership For China Ocean Shipping page: 9
- Contracts Awarded To Bardex Hydranautics page: 9
- MarAd Awards Research Contract For $343,819 To Detroit Diesel page: 9
- Hamburg Yard Jumboizes First Of Four Vessels For Hapag-Lloyd page: 9
- NKF Engineering Expands With Acquisition Of Two Additional Firms page: 10
- Sparrows Point Yard Delivers Third Maersk MPS Conversion page: 10
- New Terry Turbine Offers Low-Cost Maintenance page: 10
- Moss Point Reports On Recent Progress And Backlog At Yard page: 11
- Johnson & Towers Named Distributor For John Deere Diesels page: 11
- EUROPORT '85 page: 14
- Hyundai Launches First Of Three Big Bulk Carriers For Bocimar page: 20
- Baldt Announces Corporate Reorganization page: 20
- Gems Roli Provides Continuous Level Indication For Deep Tanks page: 21
- Stork Services Ncimes Curacao Drydock Inc. U.S. Agent page: 22
- $46-Million Rehabilitation Of Port Of Portland's Terminal 2 Now Underway page: 22
- $84.2 Million In Contracts Signed For Construction Of 2 Big Bulkers In Brazil page: 22
- John Gaughan To Be Nominated To Head Maritime Administration page: 22
- Pennsylvania Shipbuilding Dedicates Fast Supply Ship U.S.N.S. Denebola page: 26
- Western Cruise Lines Names David Sparkuhl Operations Manager page: 27
- Midland Affiliated Names P.E. Hubbard Senior VP, Sales And Marketing page: 27
- Trimble Introduces The New LorarrGPS 10X page: 28
- Port of London Awards Norcontrol Contract For Radar Display System page: 28
- Raytheon Introduces Digital Depth, Speed And Temperature Indicator page: 29
- Siemens Introduces New Shipboard Control System page: 29
- Amoco Contracts With MMS For Planned Maintenance System page: 29
- Racal/Marconi Simulator Built For Finnish Technical Research Center page: 30
- Multipurpose Container/Bulk Ships Delivered By Samsung Shipyard page: 30
- Siemens Offers Brochure On Automatic Remote Control System DIFA 41 page: 30
- GASTECH 85 page: 32
- Porter Named VP, Raymond Fabricators page: 39
- Matson Navigation Orders 3 Mitsui/Paceco Container Cranes For $10 Million page: 39
- Company Executives Switch Positions page: 39
- Koch-Ellis Pioneers Aerobic Digesting Systems In Wash Water Treatment page: 40
- Colombo Dockyard Offers Brochure On Facilities And Capabilities page: 40
- Literature Offered On Cartridge-Mounted Seal For Viking Pumps page: 40
- 3-Component Design Now Lets Users Build Own Liquid Flow Monitoring And Control System page: 45