Renk Offers Reference List Of Marine Gear Units Used In Naval Vessels
Renk of Augsburg, West Germany, has published a 24-page booklet that contains a list of marine gear units used in naval vessels.
Renk marine gear units are designed in such a way that they are suitable for use in both merchant vessels and warships, and the present reference list includes gear units that, due to this design concept, are used in warships. The list gives the year of construction; name and type of vessel; the shipyard where built; gear unit quantity and type; power per gear; speeds; and type of propulsion plant. The list covers the years 1954 through 1984/85.
The booklet has an introduction which points out that gear units of the Renk Company are in operation in power stations, steel works and rolling mills; they are used in the cement industry, chemical industry, and the plastics industry; and in addition to these, Renk marine gears and vehicle transmissions can be found anywhere in the world.
The production range is complemented by drive elements such as couplings, clutches, plain bearings, and by gears of all types.
The publication is illustrated with photos of various types of warships that are equipped with Renk gear units, with an explanation of the number and type used.
For a free copy of the reference list of Renk marine gear units used in naval vessels, Circle 24 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from November 15, 1984 issue
- USS Iowa (BB-61) page: 4
- Western Gear Relocates Corporate Headquarters To South Milwaukee page: 5
- McLean Urges American Shipping Community To Remain Competitive page: 6
- C. Plath And Racal Marine Controls Sign Cooperation Agreement page: 7
- Sandusky Offers Brochure On Centrifugal Castings page: 7
- Braden Winch Marketing New Planetary Hoist page: 8
- Killian Named VP Of H.O. Penn Power Div. page: 8
- Watterworth Appointed Vice President-Operations For General Steamship page: 8
- B&W And Flight Safety Form New Joint Venture Training Company page: 10
- Hoch Promoted At Comsat TeleSystems page: 10
- WABCO Forms Worldwide Parts And Service Network page: 10
- Rothermel Named Sales Vice President For Comsat TeleSystems page: 11
- Bay Shipbuilding Awarded $l 80-Million Contract To Build Three Containerships For Sea-Land page: 11
- U.S. NAVY SHIP OVERHAUL MARKET First Update — Changes As Of October 1984 page: 12
- Sperry Introduces New 340-mm Radar, New Autopilot, And 'Marinized' PC page: 30
- Twin Matson Container Barges Christened At McDermott Shipyard page: 32
- Renk Offers Reference List Of Marine Gear Units Used In Naval Vessels page: 32
- Renk Offers Literature On RCF Generator Gears page: 33
- Alexander Industries Named Agent For Clow/Greenberg page: 33
- Kidde Offers Free Brochure On Total Fire Protection page: 33
- Mctgnavox Introduces Civil Global Positioning System page: 36
- IMODCO Awarded Contract By Esso Suez For Mooring Terminal Offshore Egypt page: 36
- Eastern Marine Signs Contract For Passenger/Auto Ferry page: 37
- New Krupp Atlas ARPA Gets British DoT Type Approval page: 43
- Dyvi Heavy Lift Vessel Busy Transporting Semisubmersibles page: 47
- RFD Survival Liferaft Line Gains Davit-Launch Approval page: 47