North American Marine Jet Purchases Jacuzzi Marine Jet Line
— Seastrom Named Director North American Marine Jet, Inc., of Little Rock, Ark., has purchased the entire product line of Jacuzzi Marine Jet, including all manufacturing rights, from the Jacuzzi Bros. Division, also of Little Rock.
North American Marine Jet will supply OEM parts for all Jacuzzi Marine Jets and is now the manufacturer of replacement parts for Jacuzzi Marine Jets as well. Parts are now available for immediate delivery.
The company will also supply new units of the 12YJ, Piranah, 12WJ, 14YJ and 20YJ as well as accessories for the units. The announcement was made by Leonard Hill, president of North American Marine Jet, who had been with Jacuzzi for the past 14 years.
"We have purchased the complete inventory of Jacuzzi jet products including tooling, engineering specifications, drawings, pattern equipment and manufacturing rights. We feel a small, quick reacting company such as ours is more closely tailored to the needs of today's water jet market," says Mr. Hill.
Jack Seastrom, formerly with Jacuzzi Marine Jet and Offshore Logistics, Inc., has been named director of marketing and product development. Together, Mr. Hill and Mr. Seastrom represent 35 years of experience in the production, installation, design and operation of marine propulsion drives for pleasure, commercial, military, racing and experimental craft.
In addition to Jacuzzi units and parts, the company is manufacturing parts for the' OMC 140, 245 and 290 jet drives.
For further information, Circle 33 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from August 15, 1984 issue
- Captain Osborne Joins Port of San Francisco page: 6
- NMEA Names Gutman President, And Carney Executive Director page: 7
- ASMAR Delivers Dona Eugenia page: 7
- New Airfoil Design Makes Wind-Powered Ships Viable For Commercial Shipping page: 10
- Boghammar Marine Delivers Light-Alloy Pilot Boat page: 10
- Organizational Changes Are Announced By Newport News Shipbuilding page: 11
- New Dry Dock Delivered To Southwest Marine page: 12
- North American Marine Jet Purchases Jacuzzi Marine Jet Line page: 12
- Crude Oil Tanker Exxon Baytown Christened At Avondale Shipyards page: 13
- RFD-Elliot Offers Catalogs Describing Elliot Product Line page: 14
- Edwards Will Succeed Stonebreaker As President Of Halter Marine page: 14
- Mirrlees Offers Brochure On Its K&KV Major Mk3 Diesel Engine Range page: 14
- SEACOR Wins Contracts Worth $8.4 Million page: 15
- Seaworthy And Bethlehem Steel Offer An Innovative 1,500-TEU Class Convertible Container Carrier page: 16
- Tyne Shiprepair Wins Contract To Rebuild The Sir Tristram page: 17
- Ingram Barge Company Names New President page: 17
- McDermott Announces Transfer Of Two Senior Managers page: 18
- NAVY WORK IN PRIVATE U.S. YARDS page: 20
- it UNITED WE STAND 99 - A Call To Membership In The National Ocean Industries Association page: 31
- McDermott Delivers First Jumboized Crowley Barge — Gets Contract To "Stretch" Three Additional Units page: 34
- Todd Seattle A w a r d ed $500,000 Phase I Contract For LCAC Program page: 35
- Lykes A w a r d s $ 1 5 0 - M i l l i on C o n t r a c t To Build Four C o n t a i n e r s h i p s In Japan page: 35
- ASTECH Offers Literature On Lightweight Steel Honeycomb Structures page: 36
- OUTSTANDING WARSHIP DESIGNS page: 38
- U.S. NAVY SHIPBUILDING PROGRAM page: 44
- M a c G r e g o r - N a v i re President Hanson Dies Suddenly page: 51
- Navidyne Study Shows New Satcom Antennas Save Shipowners Money page: 51
- Ferrous Offers Literature On Catalyst Proportioning Pump And Depulsing Unit page: 51
- NMEA Annual Meeting Set For Oct. 14-16 In Boston page: 52
- Bowditch Introduces New Navigation And Piloting Aid page: 52
- Danos & Curole Christen Jackup Barge Alyce Danos page: 52
- Dahl To Market New Improved Racor Replacement Elements page: 53
- Baatservice Building Big Catamaran Survey Vessel page: 53
- McDermott-Built Barge Uses Markey Machinery Windlass And Capstans page: 54
- PRC Reports On Navy Use Of PRORECO III Deck System page: 54
- Coflexip Flexible Pipe Riser Used In Test Program By Navy page: 57
- Meyer Werft Delivers Gas Carrier And Gets Contract For Cruise Liner page: 58