High-Speed Supermaran Ferry Marine Hawk Enters Service
The Mitsui Supermaran CP30 type Marine Hawk was recently delivered at the Tamano Works of Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan, to her joint owners, The Maritime Credit Corporation and Nankai Ferry Co., Ltd. She is a catamaran type highspeed passenger vessel built of light alloy, and is now engaged in domestic regular passenger service.
The Mitsui Supermaran, having a unique catamaran hull form completely different from conventional catamarans, is a very economical seaworthy passenger boat, with excellent high-speed performance.
All seats are on the upper deck to give passengers an extensive view through large windows and one meter between each row of seats for ample leg room. It is fully air conditioned and comparatively free from noise and vibration, allowing the passengers an enjoyable and comfortable ride.
Design and construction of the Mitsui Supermaran CP30 type was based on MES's experience in high-speed vessel design including Hovercraft and semi-submerged catamarans.
Other stories from October 15, 1983 issue
- Jeffboat Building Three Title XI Approved Cruise Vessels Worth $28-Million page: 4
- Centrico Forms New Mineral Oil Group Headed By Lohmeyer page: 5
- National Steel Receives $13-Million Order To Overhaul The U.S.S. Cayuga page: 7
- E U R O P O R T ' 83 page: 8
- Marine Coating Directory Is Offered By Farboil page: 19
- Radm. Meyer Receives New Assignment page: 20
- B&W Diesel Acquired By American M.A.N. page: 21
- Emergency Medical Course Offered By Marine Safety page: 21
- Icebreaking Supply Vessel M/V Miscaroo Delivered By Vancouver Shipyards page: 22
- Apelco Relocates To Tampa, Names Vourloumis New Marketing Manager page: 23
- Hydranautics Shiplift Commissioned At Hyundai page: 23
- High-Speed Supermaran Ferry Marine Hawk Enters Service page: 24
- NATO FRIGATES Current Situation And Future Design Trends page: 26
- Moss Point Marine Delivers 'Nicor Power' To Nicor Marine page: 40
- Marathon Oilfield Service Offers Color Brochure On Rigs And Resources page: 41
- Bath Iron Appoints Four New Directors page: 41
- Burrard Yarrows Delivers Icebreaker/Utility Vessels To Gulf Canada Resources page: 42
- NKK To Build Mobile Drilling Island For Beaufort Sea Project page: 42
- Tenneco In Joint Venture To Operate Its Own Service Boats In Gulf page: 43
- Twin City Shipyard Delivers Split Hull Barges To Panama page: 49
- Wartsila AB Delivers LPG/Ammonia Tanker To Maraven In Venezuela page: 49
- Daewoo Employs Unique Floating Drydock And Ship Transfer System page: 49
- 380-Foot Drillship To Be Auctioned In Singapore page: 54
- General Dynamics Building Cargo Transfer Platform Barge With National Jacking System page: 54