380-Foot Drillship To Be Auctioned In Singapore
The drillship Petromar North Sea, will be auctioned on November 1, in Singapore Harbor, it was announced by Max Rouse & Sons, Inc., Los Angeles auctioneers handling the sale.
Owned by Petromarine Drilling Co., the 380-foot vessel was built by Bethlehem Steel and converted to a drillship by Todd Shipyards.
It underwent a $10-million refurbishing and overhaul in 1981.
Replacement value of the Petromar North Sea is estimated at between $55-million and $65-million.
The ship has air conditioned quarters for 100 men, a hospital ward, and it carries enclosed capsule-type life boats. It is fully outfitted, and has a large inventory of supplementary equipment valued in excess of $1 million.
Drilling machinery includes National 1625 drawworks and 12P160 mud pumps. The rig is equipped with heave compensator and riser tensioners. The electrical system produces 420 kw with 4 CAT 399 generators.
The mailing address of Rouse & Sons, Inc. is Box 5250, Beverly Hills, Calif. 90210. Phone: (213) 655-9300. Representative in Singapore is Richard Schindele, who may be reached at 251-8183.
Other stories from October 15, 1983 issue
- Jeffboat Building Three Title XI Approved Cruise Vessels Worth $28-Million page: 4
- Centrico Forms New Mineral Oil Group Headed By Lohmeyer page: 5
- National Steel Receives $13-Million Order To Overhaul The U.S.S. Cayuga page: 7
- E U R O P O R T ' 83 page: 8
- Marine Coating Directory Is Offered By Farboil page: 19
- Radm. Meyer Receives New Assignment page: 20
- B&W Diesel Acquired By American M.A.N. page: 21
- Emergency Medical Course Offered By Marine Safety page: 21
- Icebreaking Supply Vessel M/V Miscaroo Delivered By Vancouver Shipyards page: 22
- Apelco Relocates To Tampa, Names Vourloumis New Marketing Manager page: 23
- Hydranautics Shiplift Commissioned At Hyundai page: 23
- High-Speed Supermaran Ferry Marine Hawk Enters Service page: 24
- NATO FRIGATES Current Situation And Future Design Trends page: 26
- Moss Point Marine Delivers 'Nicor Power' To Nicor Marine page: 40
- Marathon Oilfield Service Offers Color Brochure On Rigs And Resources page: 41
- Bath Iron Appoints Four New Directors page: 41
- Burrard Yarrows Delivers Icebreaker/Utility Vessels To Gulf Canada Resources page: 42
- NKK To Build Mobile Drilling Island For Beaufort Sea Project page: 42
- Tenneco In Joint Venture To Operate Its Own Service Boats In Gulf page: 43
- Twin City Shipyard Delivers Split Hull Barges To Panama page: 49
- Wartsila AB Delivers LPG/Ammonia Tanker To Maraven In Venezuela page: 49
- Daewoo Employs Unique Floating Drydock And Ship Transfer System page: 49
- 380-Foot Drillship To Be Auctioned In Singapore page: 54
- General Dynamics Building Cargo Transfer Platform Barge With National Jacking System page: 54