B&W Diesel Acquired By American M.A.N.
American M.A.N. Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Augsburg, West Germany, has acquired B&W Diesel Inc., New York, a wholly-owned subsidiary of B&W Diesel A/S, Copenhagen, Denmark.
The acquisition consolidates and strengthens the marketing, sales and service of M.A.N.—B&W Diesel in the United States.-M.A.N.— B&W Diesel was formed in 1981, after Burmeister & Wain was acquired by M.A.N.
Claus Windelev, formerly president of B&W Diesel, Inc., has been appointed executive vice president of American M.A.N.
Corporation and will be responsible for its Diesel Group.
M.A.N.—B&W produces medium and slow-speed diesel engines for marine propulsion, power generation and industrial applications in Augsburg, West Germany, and Copenhagen, Holeby and Frederikshavn, Denmark. The engines cover a wide power range from 500 to 56,160 bhp.
American M.A.N. Corporation has offices in New York, San Francisco, Houston and Miami. In addition to diesel engines, American M.A.N. Corporation markets large steam turbine generators, steel foundations, axial, centrifugal and screw compressors, materials handling equipment, specialized equipment for coal and oil gasification, chemical waste destruction, and waste heat boilers.
Also, M.A.N, high-speed diesel engines from 50 to 700 hp and M.A.N.-SWF hoists are distributed through dealers and OEMs.
Other stories from October 15, 1983 issue
- Jeffboat Building Three Title XI Approved Cruise Vessels Worth $28-Million page: 4
- Centrico Forms New Mineral Oil Group Headed By Lohmeyer page: 5
- National Steel Receives $13-Million Order To Overhaul The U.S.S. Cayuga page: 7
- E U R O P O R T ' 83 page: 8
- Marine Coating Directory Is Offered By Farboil page: 19
- Radm. Meyer Receives New Assignment page: 20
- B&W Diesel Acquired By American M.A.N. page: 21
- Emergency Medical Course Offered By Marine Safety page: 21
- Icebreaking Supply Vessel M/V Miscaroo Delivered By Vancouver Shipyards page: 22
- Apelco Relocates To Tampa, Names Vourloumis New Marketing Manager page: 23
- Hydranautics Shiplift Commissioned At Hyundai page: 23
- High-Speed Supermaran Ferry Marine Hawk Enters Service page: 24
- NATO FRIGATES Current Situation And Future Design Trends page: 26
- Moss Point Marine Delivers 'Nicor Power' To Nicor Marine page: 40
- Marathon Oilfield Service Offers Color Brochure On Rigs And Resources page: 41
- Bath Iron Appoints Four New Directors page: 41
- Burrard Yarrows Delivers Icebreaker/Utility Vessels To Gulf Canada Resources page: 42
- NKK To Build Mobile Drilling Island For Beaufort Sea Project page: 42
- Tenneco In Joint Venture To Operate Its Own Service Boats In Gulf page: 43
- Twin City Shipyard Delivers Split Hull Barges To Panama page: 49
- Wartsila AB Delivers LPG/Ammonia Tanker To Maraven In Venezuela page: 49
- Daewoo Employs Unique Floating Drydock And Ship Transfer System page: 49
- 380-Foot Drillship To Be Auctioned In Singapore page: 54
- General Dynamics Building Cargo Transfer Platform Barge With National Jacking System page: 54